Skip to content

Complaints Procedure

This is the Complaints Procedure for United Legal Access.

Complaints Procedure

This document explains how United Legal Access will accept, record, investigate and resolve complaints made about its services.

Standards of Service

United Legal Access aims to provide all its clients with the highest standards of service and client care. If we fail to provide this to you, we need you to inform us so we can try to resolve any problems. We will also learn from them so that we can improve our service.

How to make a complaint

United Legal Access will always try to provide you with an opportunity to tell us of your concerns and will work with you to try to resolve them.

  • If you are not satisfied with any aspect of our service you may initially want to discuss this with your adviser, to see if the matter can be resolved quickly.
  • If you have spoken to your adviser or if you do not wish to discuss your concerns with them, you may wish to make a formal complaint. You can make your complaint in writing to, either Sibon Phiri who is the Managing Director of United Legal Access or Melanie Clarke who is the Supervising Solicitor for United Legal Access’ clinics.

Sibon Phiri can be contacted at and via 07902 836373. Melanie Clarke can be contacted by email at

Sibon Phiri is responsible for handling complaints in relation to both immigration and non-immigration advice and services provided by United Legal Access. Melanie Clarke is the supervising solicitor for non immigration advice matters and can deal with complaints relating to the legal clinics.


What Happens Next

  • We will acknowledge your complaint within (5 days) of receiving it.
  • The appropriate person will investigate and provide you with a response to your complaint within 7 working days of our receipt of your complaint. If we

have to change the time-scale for any reason, we will let you know and explain why.  

United Legal Access will keep details of your complaint in a central register. We will also create a separate file or section in your case file in order to record details of the complaint, our investigation and United Legal Access’ response  to your complaint.


Your complaint will be investigated in the following way:

  1. The person handling your complaint will ask the adviser working on your case to provide their response to your complaint.
  2. The person handling your complaint will consider the adviser’s response, the information provided in the complaint and any other relevant material (such as the contents of your case file).
  3. They will then prepare a written response, which will be sent to you. This response will set out the findings of the complaint investigation as well as any suggestions for resolving the matter.
  4. If you consider taking legal action against United Legal Access, we confirm we have Professional Indemnity Insurance to meet any relevant claims.
  5. Please note that if you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint, or if the complaint is against Sibon Phiri herself, or if you do not wish to complain direct to United Legal Access and the complaint relates to immigration services provided, you may at any time complain directly to the Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC).

The OISC can be contacted at:

Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner

Complaints Team

5th Floor, 

21 Bloomsbury Street,




Telephone: 0207 211 7500




6   If your complaint is about other legal services we provide you can make a complaint to:


The  Legal Ombudsman
 Address:   PO Box 6806

                  Wolverhampton WV1 9WJ

 Phone:     0300 555 0333